To change your BRCC password while you are ON CAMPUS:
- 1. Go to your assigned BRCC computer or any BRCC computer at the TCC campus, HCC campus, or the HSC Building
- 2. Log onto the computer using your Active Directory username and current password
- Note: This is the same username and password that you use to access your @blueridge.edu e-mail account, Moodle, Papercut, WebAdvisor, etc.
- * If your password has already expired, you will automatically be prompted with instructions to change it. *
- * If your current password has not expired, you can follow the next steps to change your password. *
- 3. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL
- 4. Click the button labeled Change Password
- 5. Follow the on screen instructions to update your password
To change your BRCC password while you are NOT ON CAMPUS:
- 1. Open your favorite web browser and go to http://emp-password.blueridge.
- 2. Enter your Active Directory username and current password
- Note: This is the same username and password that you use to access your @blueridge.edu e-mail account, Moodle, Papercut, etc.
- 3. Follow the instructions to change your password
- 4. Once you successfully change your password, you can logout and close the http://emp-password.blueridge.
edu web page
Password complexity requirements:
- Your new password cannot contain your username.
- Your new password cannot be the same as your current or previous 8 passwords.
- MUST meet these requirements:
- 10 characters or more.
- UPPERCASE LETTER
- lowercase letter
- !, $, #, % or any non alphabetic character
- NOTE: DO NOT USE the following special characters: space, tab, ? @ ; : < > & = _
Your new password will take effect within 5 minutes on all the following BRCC systems:
- Your @blueridge.edu e-mail account
- The Insider (Sharepoint)
- Papercut and Toshiba copiers
- Logging into your BRCC computer
If you are unable to reset your password, please call our IT Help Desk at 828-694-1895 and we will be happy to help over the phone.
NOTE: We are unable to reset your password via email due to security concerns.