There are a couple of different ways you can submit a ticket in the new system.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org. All emails to the Help Desk are automatically converted into a ticket with you as the requestor.
- Click "New Support Ticket" to directly enter ticket information and attach information, if needed. You do not have to be logged in to submit a ticket. (see "Sign Up VS Login, Login Instructions" article to learn more on how to login) IMPORTANT: When you use this method of submitting a ticket, ALWAYS enter your blueridge.edu email address. That will connect the ticket to your account so you can refer back to it in the future, if needed.
As you enter in the subject, the system will suggest articles to the right that contain those words. You may find an answer before you click submit!
You must enter the required fields (email, phone number, subject, & description) and complete the Captcha before it will allow you to submit.
- After your ticket is entered in the system, you will be sent emails notifying you when it has been assigned or when progress has been made.
- The staff member working on the ticket may also email you through the ticket.
- You can reply to any of the emails and it will be added to your ticket.
- When you open your ticket, you will be able to see the back and forth dialogue between you and the agent, as it is kept as part of the ticket history.
Viewing and Interacting with Tickets
As mentioned above, you do not have to be logged in to submit a ticket but you do need to login (using the "Sign Up VS Login, Login Instructions" article) if you want to see all of your tickets or if you want to respond to the ticket using a chat-type interface rather than replying to the email you received.
Once you are logged in, click on "Tickets" in the top nav and you will see your tickets grouped by Open/Pending or Resolved/Closed.
To interact with the support agent, click the bolded "Subject" name to open the chat interface.
- Click in the "click here to reply to this ticket" to enter information or include an attachment.
- If you solved the problem on your own and no longer need assistance, you can click the circle with the checkmark to Close the ticket.
- If you want to copy in another employee on the ticket, click the little person with a +, then enter their blueridge.edu email address and click "Add People."